Couple, daughter charred to death in Khanyar fire mishap

Srinagar, Mar 07: A couple and their daughter were burnt alive after their  house was gutted in a fire incident in Khanyar area of old city in Srinagar district on Friday night.

Javid Ahmad Hakak, his wife Sofiya and their daughter Hafsa died when their home, located in the Sheeshgari Mohalla, caught fire, SHO Parvaiz Ahmad said.

For now, the fire seems to have been caused by a short circuit, but further investigation will reveal more, Ahmad said.

The police have registered a case and the probe is ongoing.